7) Familial recurrence of HB is extremely rare outside of associated adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) families, (8) and a causative relationship between HB and interstitial deletions of 5q21.
What does APC stand for?
APC stands for Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APC
We have 867 other meanings of APC in our Acronym Attic
- Activity Process Code
- Activity Processing Code
- Activity Program Coordinator
- Acts of the Privy Council (UK)
- Actual Per Capita
- Actual Physical Control (criminal law)
- Adaptive Payload Carrier (NASA)
- Adaptive Periosteal Cambian
- Adaptive Predictive Coding
- Adenoma Prevention with Celebrex (medical trial)
- Adenomatous Polyposis of the Colon
- Adequate Price Competition
- Adjacent Point Code (Cisco)
- Adjusted Parents' Contribution (student financial aid)
- Administration and Project Control
- Administrative Professionals Conference
- Adoptive Parents Committee
- Adult Protection Committee (UK)
- Advanced Hydraulic Piston Corer
- Advanced Piston Corer (tool)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To confirm effects on Wnt signaling, analysis of tumor tissues from 5% BB-fed mice revealed lower -catenin expression and glycogen synthase kinase-3 phosphorylation with greater expression of the-catenin inhibitory protein adenomatous polyposis coli compared to controls.
That gene, adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) and its downstream signaling molecules, are mutated or deficient in 80 percent of all human colon cancers, Wu pointed out.
In an attempt to develop a single gene-based test that would help detect clinically significant, but premetastatic colorectal tumors, researchers at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, turned to the adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) gene.
Analyzing fecal DNA for mutations of adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) gene can identify early cases of colorectal cancer, according to a report in the Jan.
Attenuated Adenomatous Polyposis Coli Attentuated Adenomatous Polyposis Coli (AAPC) is a variant of FAP caused by a mutation in the APC gene and inherited in the same way as classical FAR.
The screening test of choice is an adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) gene test, which should be done at age 10-12 years, following formal pretest genetic counseling and informed consent of both patient and parents.
The company is seeking marketing approval of Aptosyn(TM) (exisulind) for the treatment of familial adenomatous polyposis ("FAP"; also known as adenomatous polyposis coli, or "APC"), a rare disease that puts those afflicted at high risk of developing colon cancer.