com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/02/05/inside-evasi0n-the-most-elaborate-jailbreak-to-ever-hack-your-iphone/) Kernel Address Space Layout Randomization ].
What does ASLR stand for?
ASLR stands for Address Space Layout Randomization (computer security)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ASLR
We have 5 other meanings of ASLR in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Speech-Language Pathologists
- Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Australian Standard Leaching Protocol
- Associated Students of Las Positas College (California)
- American Sign Language Proficiency Interview
- Australian Second Language Proficiency Rating
- Ausbon Sargent Land Preservation Trust (New London, NH)
- Area of Special Landscape Quality (UK)
- Accelerated Sea-Level Rise (environmental sciences)
- Active Straight Leg Raising (test)
- Age, sex, location, race (chat)
- Aggregate Supply, Short Run (economics)
- American Short Line Railroad Association
- Aft Shroud Latches Repair Kit (US NASA)
- Attorney Student Loan Repayment Program
- American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association
- Academic and Special Libraries Section (est. 1954; formerly College and University Libraries Section; New York Library Association; Albany, NY)
- Advanced Squadron Level System (US Air Force)
- Advanced Stroke Life Support
- American Sign Language Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
He cited one obstacle as address space layout randomization, a function included in Windows Vista that rearranges the positions of key system code when a PC restarts.
By leveraging this vulnerability it is possible to bypass several security hardening mechanisms of Windows operating systems, such as Data Execution Prevention (DEP), Safe Exception Handlers (SafeSEH) and Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR).