I think what we need to be careful of is that we add value to people's lives, that it's not just extra years - that it's adding life to years not just years to life.
What does ALTY stand for?
ALTY stands for Adding Life to Years (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Association of Light Touch Therapists (est. 1988; UK)
- Tunisian Association for the Struggle Against Torture
- Advanced Level Telecom Training Centre (Ghaziabad, India)
- Advanced Level Telecommunication Training Centre (India)
- Adjuvant Lapatinib and/or Trastuzumab Treatment Optimisation
- A Link to the Past (video game)
- Alternate Tomahawk Strike Coordinator (US DoD)
- Approach and Landing Test Vehicle
- Association of Local Television Stations
- Australasian Language Technology Workshop
- Abraham Lincoln University (California)
- Academy of Life Underwriting
- Advanced Life Underwriting
- Akademija Lepih Umetnosti (Slovenian: Academy of Fine Arts)
- Akademija za Likovno Umetnost (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Alcatel-Lucent (stock symbol)
- American Labor Union (labor federation)
- Antenna Loading Unit
- Application Layer User
- Arab Lawyers Union (Sweden)
Samples in periodicals archive:
17) Adding Life to Years The ability to move unhindered by pain is a fundamental part of maintaining quality of life.
Closer to home, in his publication Adding Life to Years, John Osmond from the Institute of Welsh Affairs says that in the next 10 years, the number of people aged over 65 in Wales will increase by about 5%, an increase of 130,000, and the number aged over 85 will increase by 30,000.
Yesterday's report, called Adding Life to Years, said the health service is structurally ageist because it was set up to deal with "isolated episodes" of care.
It is about adding life to years as well as years to life.