felis was performed with acute-phase serum samples of these patients with primers and probes specific for orfB and vapB1 genes as described (7).
What does APS stand for?
APS stands for Acute-Phase Serum
This definition appears rarely
See other definitions of APS
We have 911 other meanings of APS in our Acronym Attic
- Acta Physica Slovaca (Slovakian physics journal)
- Acting Police Sergeant (UK)
- Actions Préventives de Secours (French: Preventive Actions Relief; Belgium)
- Active People Survey (athletics; UK)
- Active Phase Shifter
- Active Pipe Support (energy production)
- Active Protective System
- Active-Pixel Sensor
- Activité Physique et Sportive (French: Physical Activity and Sport)
- Acute Psychiatry Service
- Ad-Hoc Positioning System
- Adaptive Processor, SONAR
- Adenosine 5'-Phosphosulfate (chemistry)
- Adjustment Processing System (USPS)
- Administratie Planning en Statistiek (Belgium)
- Administrative per Se (California Department of Motor Vehicles)
- Administrative Policy and Services (US Geological Survey)
- Administrative Policy Statement (various organizations)
- Admiralty Primary School (Singapore)
- Admission Point Score (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The feasibility of this reported assay system for clinical diagnosis was validated on suspected acute-phase serum samples of the recent CHIKV 2006 epidemic in southern India in 2006.
The dengue virus serotypes from the confirmed dengue cases were identified by PCR testing and/or virus isolation from the acute-phase serum samples.
miyamotoi sensu lato DNA could not be amplified from any serum samples (including 27 acute-phase serum samples) from the 52 participants who had test results positive for B.
Only acute-phase serum samples were obtained from the other 6 patients.
Acute-phase serum samples, clinical information, and laboratory data for all patients given a diagnosis of SFTS in 2011 in Yiyuan County were submitted to the Yiyuan County Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
DNA was extracted from acute-phase serum and the eschar swab by using the same procedure as had been used for the first patient.
Paired serum samples are infrequently obtained, but testing acute-phase serum alone is insensitive (IgG is initially absent) and nonspecific (IgG can persist for years, and IgM results represent cross-reactions).