Paired serum samples are infrequently obtained, but testing acute-phase serum alone is insensitive (IgG is initially absent) and nonspecific (IgG can persist for years, and IgM results represent cross-reactions).
What does APS stand for?
APS stands for Acute-Phase Serum
This definition appears rarely
See other definitions of APS
We have 911 other meanings of APS in our Acronym Attic
- Acta Physica Slovaca (Slovakian physics journal)
- Acting Police Sergeant (UK)
- Actions Préventives de Secours (French: Preventive Actions Relief; Belgium)
- Active People Survey (athletics; UK)
- Active Phase Shifter
- Active Pipe Support (energy production)
- Active Protective System
- Active-Pixel Sensor
- Activité Physique et Sportive (French: Physical Activity and Sport)
- Acute Psychiatry Service
- Ad-Hoc Positioning System
- Adaptive Processor, SONAR
- Adenosine 5'-Phosphosulfate (chemistry)
- Adjustment Processing System (USPS)
- Administratie Planning en Statistiek (Belgium)
- Administrative per Se (California Department of Motor Vehicles)
- Administrative Policy and Services (US Geological Survey)
- Administrative Policy Statement (various organizations)
- Admiralty Primary School (Singapore)
- Admission Point Score (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The feasibility of this reported assay system for clinical diagnosis was validated on suspected acute-phase serum samples of the recent CHIKV 2006 epidemic in southern India in 2006.
The dengue virus serotypes from the confirmed dengue cases were identified by PCR testing and/or virus isolation from the acute-phase serum samples.
Results of virus isolation were negative for all samples when tested in Vero and Aedes albopictus mosquito (C6/36) cell cultures and by intracerebral inoculation of acute-phase serum of patient 3 into suckling mice.
Acute-phase serum samples were tested by real-time PCR for DENV RNA, according to the diagnostic criteria for dengue fever enacted by the Chinese Ministry of Health.
Acute-phase serum samples were collected at the time of enrollment and convalescent-phase serum samples 3-5 weeks later.
An acute-phase serum sample showed a titer of 25 against serovars Autumnalis and Bratislava by microscopic agglutination test (MAT).
Acute-phase serum samples, obtained no more than 5 days after disease onset, were transported on dry ice to the Naval Medical Research Center Detached laboratory in Lima and stored at -80[degrees]C.