Two cases (both falciparum oliguric renal failure) had isolated MPGN while it was seen along with changes of acute tubular necrosis (ATN) in 10 cases (falciparum 9 out of those 6 were oliguric, 3 nonoliguric and one case of nonoliguric vivax malaria).
What does ATN stand for?
ATN stands for Acute Tubular Necrosis
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATN
We have 128 other meanings of ATN in our Acronym Attic
- Address Translation and Mapping Unit
- Advanced Technology Meteorological Unit (weather forecasting)
- Adiabatic Tendency of Meridional Wind
- Atomic Materials Rail Transport Car
- Accelerator Technical Note
- Account Telephone Number
- Across the Nightmare (Dance Dance Revolution song)
- Action Performance Companies, Inc. (stock symbol; Phoenix, AZ)
- Acyclic Transmission Network
- Adaptive Tactical Navigation
- Advanced Television Infrared Observation Satellite
- Advanced Tiros N (satellite)
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Network
- Africa Trade Network
- Agri-Food Trade Network (Canada)
- AgTa1-xNbxO3 (Silver tantalate niobate; ferroelectric material)
- Aids to Navigation (shipping)
- Air Tahiti Nui
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tubules had evidence of acute tubular necrosis but no tubular casts.
Technological advances are opening the door for the introduction of new renal biomarkers which will revolutionize diagnosis of acute tubular necrosis (ATN) in the same way that cardiac biomarkers revolutionized diagnosis of cardiac disease.
It is thought that one mechanism through which they cause acute tubular necrosis (and Fanconi's syndrome) is tubular mitochondrial toxicity.
Unfortunately, the sonographic appearance of many diffuse renal parenchymal abnormalities is nonspecific, including acute tubular necrosis (ATN), acute or chronic rejection, and toxicity associated with immunosuppressive calcineurin inhibitors (cyclosporine and tacrolimus).
Acute Tubular Necrosis in Statin-Induced Rhabdomyolysis
2) HELLP syndrome (haemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelets) is a variant of severe pre-eclampsia which often complicates with renal failure, most of the time because of acute tubular necrosis (ATN) but occasionally because of RCN, through a thrombotic micro-angiopathic process.
Prophylactic or therapeutic dosing with FG-4539 improved renal function as evidenced by lower BUN and serum creatinine levels, improved GFR, and prevented acute tubular necrosis as confirmed by histological analysis, the company said.