Renal biopsies, performed for 4 patients, detected patchy cortical necrosis in 3 (Figure 2) and acute tubular necrosis in 1.
What does ATN stand for?
ATN stands for Acute Tubular Necrosis
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATN
We have 128 other meanings of ATN in our Acronym Attic
- Address Translation and Mapping Unit
- Advanced Technology Meteorological Unit (weather forecasting)
- Adiabatic Tendency of Meridional Wind
- Atomic Materials Rail Transport Car
- Accelerator Technical Note
- Account Telephone Number
- Across the Nightmare (Dance Dance Revolution song)
- Action Performance Companies, Inc. (stock symbol; Phoenix, AZ)
- Acyclic Transmission Network
- Adaptive Tactical Navigation
- Advanced Television Infrared Observation Satellite
- Advanced Tiros N (satellite)
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Network
- Africa Trade Network
- Agri-Food Trade Network (Canada)
- AgTa1-xNbxO3 (Silver tantalate niobate; ferroelectric material)
- Aids to Navigation (shipping)
- Air Tahiti Nui
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the hallmarks of acute tubular necrosis is the loss of ability to concentrate urine.
The liver exhibited diffuse centrilobular congestion and necrosis, and the kidneys exhibited bilateral cortical infarcts and acute tubular necrosis.
Acute Tubular Necrosis in Statin-Induced Rhabdomyolysis Any 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl CoA-reductase-based lipid-lowering agent can cause proteinuria, hematuria, and an increase in creatinine.
2) HELLP syndrome (haemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelets) is a variant of severe pre-eclampsia which often complicates with renal failure, most of the time because of acute tubular necrosis (ATN) but occasionally because of RCN, through a thrombotic micro-angiopathic process.
Additionally, the use of perfusion systems may improve acute tubular necrosis rates with these allografts.
Prophylactic or therapeutic dosing with FG-4539 improved renal function as evidenced by lower BUN and serum creatinine levels, improved GFR, and prevented acute tubular necrosis as confirmed by histological analysis, the company said.
His hospital course was further complicated with multiorganism sepsis including multidrug-resistant pseudomonas, hepatic dysfunction, and renal failure caused by hemodynamically mediated acute tubular necrosis that required renal replacement.