She describes paradigms of hysteria and posttraumatic stress disorder, including how culture and gender inform diagnosis; the psychosomatic symptoms of PTSD and the role of yoga and breathing in treatment; dissociation and its relationship to trance, possession states, hypnosis, and metanormal experiences associated with shamanism, as well as assessment and treatment; touch therapies for PTSD and the concept of somatic empathy; assessment and therapies for PTSD, complex PTSD, acute stress disorder, and developmental trauma disorder; nutrition programs; the basics of integrative posttrauma therapy and complementary and alternative, traditional medicine, and innovative methods; and the use of botanical medicines, detoxification, and psychoactive plants.
What does ASD stand for?
ASD stands for Acute Stress Disorder
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASD
We have 457 other meanings of ASD in our Acronym Attic
- Accelerator Systems Division (US Department of Energy)
- Access Security Device
- Accredited Standards Developers (ANSI)
- Accredited Symbian Developer (software developer qualification)
- Acquisition Support Division
- Active Soil Depressurization (home safety)
- Activist San Diego
- Activity Services Division
- Actual Shipping Date
- Actual Stopping Distance (automotive)
- Adaptive Software Development
- Additional Site Data
- Addressable Switch Device
- Adjourned Sine Die (Latin: Adjourned to a Date to Be Fixed; legal)
- Adjustable Speed Drive (aka Variable-Speed Drive; machinery)
- Administrative Security Division (US DHS)
- Administrative Services Division
- Adult Spectrum of Disease
- Adult Spiritual Development (Unitarian religion)
- Advanced Semiconductor Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acute stress disorder (ASD) and PTSD are manifestations of mental illness in relation to exposure to a severe traumatic event.
These responses characterise Acute Stress Disorder (ASD) which is a significant anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to any event that results in psychological trauma, according to Dr Raymond Hamden, clinical and forensic psychologist at the Human Relations Institute.
Dewani's legal team, who are fighting extradition, previously said he was suffering from acute stress disorder and depressive adjustment disorder.
But the hearing at London's City of Westminster court heard he has been diagnosed with acute stress disorder and depression.
London, Jan 21 (ANI): Shrien Dewani, the Brit-Indian millionaire who has been accused of hiring a hitman to have his wife killed during their honeymoon in Cape Town last year, failed to attend a London court hearing as he was suffering from acute stress disorder.
His lawyer said: 'Mr Dewani doesn't appear today and has been excused on the basis of a report by a psychiatrist that he is suffering from acute stress disorder and depressive adjustment disorder and is therefore unfit to attend court,' said prosecutor Ben Watson.
Patients were excluded if they had major depression, bipolar disorder, panic disorder, phobic disorder, OCD, posttraumatic stress disorder, acute stress disorder, substance-induced anxiety disorder, psychosis, dementia, or substance abuse or dependence within the preceding 3 months.