Genome sequencing techniques uncovered the DNA of a virus called Israeli acute paralysis virus (IAPV) that was found in almost all of the hives suffering from CCD.
What does APV stand for?
APV stands for Acute Paralysis Virus (honey bee disease)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APV
We have 111 other meanings of APV in our Acronym Attic
- Astellas Pharma US, Inc. (Northbrooki, IL)
- American Poultry USA
- Advanced Placement United States History
- Advanced Placement United States History (course/class)
- Andhra Pradesh Urban Services for the Poor (India)
- Association of Property Unit Trusts (UK)
- Authorised Property Unit Trust (Financial Services Authority; UK)
- Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists (India)
- Aus Politik und Zeitgeschichte (German)
- Accounts Payable Voucher
- Adjusted Present Value
- Advanced Personal Vaporizer
- Affectations Prioritaires à Valoriser (French: Priority Value Assignments)
- Ahorro Previsional Voluntario (Spanish: Voluntary Pension Savings)
- Air Pressure Vessel (drilling)
- Algemene Plaatselijke Verordening (German: General Local Regulation)
- All-Purpose Vehicle
- Alliance for Progressive Values (Richmond, VA)
- Ambulatory Procedure Visit
- Animal Protection Voters
Samples in periodicals archive:
In September, Science published their metagenomic study, which found an acute paralysis virus in 96 percent of collapsed hives.
Last week, the journal Science published a report that found a new virus, Israeli acute paralysis virus, appeared to be associated with CCD.