A case of cocaine-induced acute interstitial nephritis.
What does AIN stand for?
AIN stands for Acute Interstitial Nephritis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AIN
We have 96 other meanings of AIN in our Acronym Attic
- ATM Inverse Multiplexing
- Alstroemeria-Mosaic Virus
- Air Intercept Missile Evaluation
- Air Intercept Missile Evaluation/Air Combat Evaluation (DoD)
- Aavishkaar India Micro Venture Capital Fund (Mumbai, India)
- Academy of Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians
- Advanced International Management Workshop (DSMC)
- Australian Institute of Management in Western Australia
- Aircraft IFF Mark XII Section
- Access Integrated Networks (telecommunications; various locations)
- Admission Index Number (student evaluation)
- Advanced Intelligent Network
- Advocacy Initiative Network (Maine)
- Aerospace Innovation Network
- Agent Identification Number
- Agricultural Information Network
- Alabama Information Network
- American Independent Network (Television)
- American Indian Native
- American Institute of Nutrition
Samples in periodicals archive:
In athletes NSAIDs may harm the kidneys by directly causing acute interstitial nephritis and indirectly by decreasing intra-renal blood flow.
Although the most commonly noted renal pathologic finding is acute interstitial nephritis, acute tubular cell necrosis is also described.
60) As with most other drug-induced acute interstitial nephritis (AIN), cessation of the drug leads to improvement in renal function, with steroid treatment necessary in occasional cases.