Autoimmune/idiopathic Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) is an autoimmune disorder that affects the white matter in the brain and spinal cord.
What does ADEM stand for?
ADEM stands for Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ADEM
We have 23 other meanings of ADEM in our Acronym Attic
- Ahmet Deniz Kemal Sinan (Turkey internet cafe network
- Line concentrator system used by HMCG with CCDS
- Anton de Kom Universiteit van Suriname
- Agence de Développement Economique du Loiret (French: Loiret Economic Development Agency)
- Auteurs Dramatiques En Ligne (virtual library; French: Playwright Online Inc.)
- Aerial Delivery of Effects from Lightweight Aircraft (US DoD)
- Association des Épidémiologistes de Langue Française
- Advancing Development Engineering Leveraging Increased Automation
- Asociación de Empresas de Detergentes y de Productos de Limpieza, Mantenimiento y Afines (Spanish association of detergents, cleaning products, preservatives and similar products)
- Automatically Deployable Emergency Locator Transmitter
- Administration de l'Emploi (Luxembourg)
- Advanced Diesel Engine Management (Caterpillar)
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Arizona Division of Emergency Management (Phoenix, AZ)
- Arkansas Department of Emergency Management
- Ateneo de Manila (Philippines)
- Accès des Demandeurs d'Emploi aux Métiers Agricoles (French: Access for Job Seekers of Agricultural Professions; job training program)
- Alliance for Democracy in Mali
- Association pour le Développement de l'Enseignement Médical par l'Audiovisuel
- Association pour le Développement du Management Associatif (French management development association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) is an acute demyelinating disease occurring 1-3 wk after viral infection or vaccination (1,2).
HIV-associated neuro-cognitive disorder EBV: primary CNS lym-phoma JC virus: PML [not equal to] Prions: spongiform ence- phalopathy Spinal Acute viral HIV-1 vacuolar cord myelitis myelopathy ADEM * HTLV-1 myelopathy * Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis [dagger] Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis [not equal to] Progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy.
Introduction Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) is a rare idiopathic inflammatory demyelinating disease of the central nervous system (CNS), which usually occurs following viral/bacterial infections or vaccinations (1).
These include epilepsy, anticonvulsant therapy, mild encephalitis, ischaemia and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) as the more common aetiologies causing reversible lesions.
These included acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (6), fulminant multiple sclerosis (3), antiphospholipid syndrome (2), antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (2) and a paraneoplastic encephalitis (1).
Doctors have diagnosed him with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, an extremely rare viral infection, leaving him an "incomplete quadriplegic," meaning he has no use of his legs and partial use of his arms.
Routine vaccinations were effectively suspended in May 2005 following a report that a junior high school girl who was vaccinated the previous year had developed acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, which causes inflammation of the brain and spinal cord.