Indeed, in 2008 testimony on behalf of the Personal Insurance Federation of California, Association of California Insurance Companies and American Insurance Association, former Department of Insurance Actuary Shawna Ackerman explained: "There is no such criteria as 'most actuarially sound' in the actuarial community, actuarial literature or the Actuarial Standards of Practice.
What does ASOP stand for?
ASOP stands for Actuarial Standards of Practice
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ASOP
We have 31 other meanings of ASOP in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Special Operations Management System
- Audiophile Society of NSW (New South Wales, Australia; est. 1994)
- Automatic Switched Optical Network (Lucent)
- Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (conference)
- Asociación Nacional del Motorista (Spanish: National Motorist Association)
- Asociación Negra de Defensa y Promoción de los Derechos Humanos (Spanish: Black Association of the Defense and Promotion of Human Rights; Peru)
- Alaska Society of Outdoor and Nature Photographers (Anchorage, AK)
- Argentine Symposium on Object
- All Searchtools on One Page (web browsing)
- As Seen on Other Systems (video gaming)
- Adaptable System of Production
- Aerospace Systems Operator (Royal Air Force)
- Afghan Social Outreach Program
- Agent for Service of Process
- Air Surveillance Operator
- Airborne Standing Operating Procedures
- Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies
- American Singers Opera Project (Winston Salem, NC)
- American Society of Orthopedic Professionals
- Anglo-Suisse Offshore Partners (oil exploration company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pacheco said the policy brief by the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research also relies on methodologies out of sync with government accounting rules and actuarial standards of practice.
The academy promulgates qualification standards, the Actuarial Standards of Practice and the Code of Professional Conduct, and provides a formal panel for counseling and discipline to ensure actuaries maintain the highest professional standards.
These smoothing techniques meet the actuarial standards of practice, and will go far to help prevent wild swings in employer contributions," said Kurato Shimada, Chair of the Benefits and Program Administration Committee.