JAMMU, October 04, 2011 (Balochistan Times): The Indian Armys Northern Command chief Monday reviewed the operational preparedness of the troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China and the Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL) with Pakistan on the Siachen glacier, known as the highest battleground in the world.
What does AGPL stand for?
AGPL stands for Actual Ground Position Line (India and Pakistan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AGPL
We have 2 other meanings of AGPL in our Acronym Attic
- Agence Generale Paris Extincteurs (French: General Agency Paris Extinguishers; Paris, France)
- Association du Gharb pour la Protection de l'Environnement (French: Gharb Association for the Protection of the Environment; Gharb, Malta)
- Agricultural Process Engineering and Technology
- Anchored Geodesic Packet Forwarding
- Average Goals per Game (hockey)
- Acides Gras Poly Insatures (French: Poly-unsaturated fatty acids)
- Adjusted Gross Premium Income (tariff base; UK)
- Agar-Gel-Precipitin Inhibition (serological test)
- Association of the German Petroleum Industry (Germany)
- Association of Graduate Programs in Ministry
- Affero General Public License
- Automotive Gas Power Ltd. (UK)
- Army General Purpose Local Area Net (US Army)
- Access Grid Package Manager (Argonne National Laboratory; Argonne, IL)
- Advanced Group Policy Management (Microsoft)
- Asociación Guatemalteca de Padres Maryknoll (Guatemalan Association of the Maryknoll Fathers)
- Association Générale des Producteurs de Maïs (French)
- Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria
- Agricultural Property Management Regulation (US)
- Annual Giving Professionals Network (Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jammu, October 04, 2011 (Frontier Star): The Indian Army's Northern Command chief Monday reviewed the operational preparedness of the troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China and the Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL) with Pakistan on the Siachen glacier, known as the highest battleground in the world.
India wants Pakistan to authenticate on a map, the Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL) along which the troops are presently deployed .
Siachen, the world's highest militarised zone, has been a long pending issue between India and Pakistan over differences on the location of the 110-km long Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL), which passes through the Saoltoro Ridge and Siachen glacier.
According to authoritative sources, all units of Pakistani Army along the entire 740-kilometer LoC and the 110-km Actual Ground Position Line in Siachen were on Friday put on a "higher state of alert".