Scope of the proposed new regulation E-labelling will only be for devices exclusively used by professional users (home use devices will not be covered) and applicable to Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC (as amended by 2007/47/EC) and Active Implantable Medical Devices Directive 90/385/EEC.
What does AIMDD stand for?
AIMDD stands for Active Implantable Medical Devices Directive
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Active Implantable Medical Device
- Additional Increase Multiplicative Decrease
- Additive Increase, Multiplicative Decrease
- Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department
- Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Detachment
- Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Division
- American Institute for Managing Diversity
- Architecture Integration & Management Directorate (US Army TRADOC)
- Aviation Intermediate Maintenance Depot
- Avionics Integrated Maintenance Department
- All India MD/MS Doctors Association (India)
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine and Medical Decision-Making
- Automated Incoming Message Distribution System
- Ab Initio Molecular Dynamics Simulated Annealing
- Aircraft Interiors Middle East (trade show)
- Airway Interventions & Management in Emergencies (medical care)
- Alabama Institute for Manufacturing Excellence
- American Institute of Mining Engineers (now American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers)
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, Inc. (formerly American Institute of Mining Engineers)
- American Invitational Mathematics Examination
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the UK, ALTs are regulated by the Medical Devices Directive ("MDD") and the Active Implantable Medical Devices Directive ("AIMDD").
The three medical device directives are part of the New Approach: MDD 93/42/EEC; Active Implantable Medical Devices Directive AIMDD 90/385/EEC; and In Vitro Diagnostic Directives 1VDD 98/79/EC.