The best way to achieve this is through the use of identity federation based on standards such as Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
What does ADFS stand for?
ADFS stands for Active Directory Federation Services (IBM & Microsoft)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ADFS
We have 23 other meanings of ADFS in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Divorce Financial Planners (various locations)
- Australian Defence Force Publication
- American Drug Free Powerlifting Association
- American Drug-Free Powerlifting Federation
- Australian Defence Force Parliamentary Program
- Agricultural Development Farmland Preservation Trust Fund (North Carolina)
- Alcohol & Drug Foundation Queensland
- Arson Detection for the First Responder (fire academy course)
- Ames-Dryden Flight Research Facility (now DFRC - NASA)
- Australian Defence Force Recruiting Unit
- Advanced Disc Filing System
- Alabama Department of Forensic Science
- Alternative Delivery and Financing System
- American Dentists for Foreign Service (Brooklyn, NY)
- Automated Digital Facsimile Subsystem
- Automated Digital Facsimile System
- Abu Dhabi Farmers' Services Centre (United Arab Emirates)
- Automatic Data Field Systems Command
- Association of Digital Forensics, Security and Law
- Accidental Damage, Fire and Theft (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With these updates, Infragistics augments already robust security features with the addition of Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and Claims Based Authentication.
The SecurID solution can now be integrated with the Microsoft Windows Active Directory Federation Services 2.
Sessions will cover the full range of Identity and Access management (IAM) technologies, including Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
Gaggle now supports Active Directory Federation Services Authentication BLOOMINGTON, Ill.
The 36 lessons walk through procedures for installing Active Directory Federation Services, managing Windows Server update services, capturing performance and reliability data, deploying Windows Server 2008, and migrating web sites.
lt;p>Geneva is made up of the Geneva Server, formerly called Active Directory Federation Services 2.
Also included is a new third-party-developed OpenLDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) Management Agent for Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 and new third-party support for Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).