Active denial technology, a nonlethal beam of energy that heats up the surface of skin and is designed to be used on crowd control or perimeter defense scenarios, seems to work--as long as it's not mounted on small trucks.
What does ADT stand for?
ADT stands for Active Denial Technology
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ADT
We have 242 other meanings of ADT in our Acronym Attic
- Authoritative Data Sources Working Group
- Assistant District Social Welfare Officer (Hong Kong Social Welfare Department)
- Applied Digital Solutions, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Abnormal Data Type
- Abstract Data Type (OOP class)
- Accelerated Degradation Testing
- Access Developer's Toolkit (Microsoft)
- Accettazione Dismissione Trasferimento (Italian healthcare)
- Accumulated Deployed Time
- Acknowledged Data Transfer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also not making it into the fielded version of the Stryker was the active denial technology subsystem, which uses millimeter wave technology to beam a painful, burning sensation at those who enter its range.
Active denial technology sends out non-lethal millimeter waves that cause a burning sensation on the surface of the skin.