And while the continuing vigorous efforts in acquisition reform are to be applauded and supported, the recommendations of the product support assessment fill the gap generally missed in the current acquisition reform initiatives.
What does ARI stand for?
ARI stands for Acquisition Reform Initiative (US DoD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ARI
We have 292 other meanings of ARI in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Rating High Yield Investments Programs
- Aaron Rents, Inc. (various locations)
- Abbey Road Interactive Studios (London, England)
- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- Absolute Risk Increase
- Accelerated Research Initiative
- Access to Radiology Information (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise)
- Accounting Rate of Interest
- Achaemenid Royal Inscriptions (archaeology)
- Acoustics Research Institute
- Action Research International (online journal)
- Activity Routing Identifier
- Actuarial Removal Interval
- Acute Renal Insufficiency
- Acute Respiratory Illness
- Acute Respiratory Infection
- Acute Respiratory Insufficiency
- Address Recognized Indicator Bit
- Addressee Routing Indicator
- Adelaide Research & Innovation Pty Ltd. (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The second article, "Lead Systems Integrators: A Post-Acquisition Reform Retrospective" by Kathlyn Hopkins Loudin, addresses concerns about the mid-1990s Acquisition Reform initiatives, which embraced the philosophy of "partnering with industry.
The failure of acquisition reform initiatives during the past two decades only reaffirm the obvious: That the one sure way to change behaviors in military acquisition is to take away the money, says Gerald Abbott, professor emeritus at the Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
His distinguished career in the Federal government also included leading the DON's Acquisition Reform initiative as the Acquisition Reform Executive for ASN(RDA) and serving as the first civilian Program Executive Officer.
This model uses a Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA), which has been encouraged through acquisition reform initiatives and emphasizes a thorough understanding and application of core competencies, principal activities, cost structure, and an expected revenue stream to enable sufficient profits to remain in business in a competitive environment.
In Accord with Defense Acquisition Reform Initiatives MDA's approach is unique, imaginative, and in accord with the flexible and tailored nature of the new defense acquisition guidelines regarding joint operations.
Acquisition reform initiatives in the early '90s created programs that tested out problems late in the cycle, rather than engineering when it is least expensive.
Nominations are for organizations, groups, or teams that have exhibited superior accomplishments significantly contributing to defense acquisition reform initiatives and acquisition programs.