One way to decrease acquisition lead time is a simple tool called the "ONE PASS" model, which can be used by requirement generators to expedite and standardize requirement package preparation.
What does ACLT stand for?
ACLT stands for Acquisition Lead Time
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACLT
We have 6 other meanings of ACLT in our Acronym Attic
- Automated Control & Landing System
- Automated/Automatic Carrier Landing System
- Autoshift Common Low Side
- Ansell-Casey Life Skills Assessment
- Arthur Cox Listing Services Limited
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Refresher
- Apple Chlorotic Leaf Spot Virus
- Armored Combat Logistics Support Vehicle Family
- Advanced cardiac life support training system
- Accelerated Cable Life Test
- Actual Calculated Landing Time
- Advanced Community Law Training
- Aéro-Club de la Tranche-sur-Mer (French air club)
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust (blood and bone marrow donation; UK)
- Albany Community Land Trust (Albany, NY)
- American Chestnut Land Trust
- Anchorage Community Land Trust (est. 2003; Anchorage, AK)
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Transection (surgical procedure)
- Ashland Community Land Trust (est. 1998; Ashland, OR)
- Associated Contract Loggers and Truckers (of Minnesota)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Conclusion Following a standard service-acquisition process to define and develop requirements has the potential of reducing acquisition lead times, obtaining better competition, reducing costs, and delivering better results.
For example, the effects based contracting concept has reduced acquisition lead times for life-support contract exceeding $6 million from 40 days to just five days.
Air Force article, the WWRS goals are to reduce FMS customers' excesses reduce material cost for purchasers, reduce material acquisition lead times, and enable sellers to purchase needed assets.
In a future conflict or arms race, the nation with the shortest acquisition lead time and product-cycle time will have a distinct advantage.
Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act and Federal Acquisition Reform Act (FASA/FARA) Whereas most of the prior acquisition reform legislation was negative in nature, intended to impose constraints, sanctions, and additional oversight often in reaction to bad news stories (such as the legendary $500 toilet seat), FASA and FARA (1994 and 1995 respectively) were based on principles of reducing cost and acquisition lead time by freeing acquisition professionals to use good business judgment and by providing tools commonly used in the commercial marketplace.
The T4 program will serve as a single focal point for managing the multiple award contract vehicle, giving VA access to the best of industry's capabilities without extended acquisition lead time.
This contract vehicle has been designed to reduce acquisition lead times and costs while maximizing the value to our Army customer and warfighters.