The firm has successfully secured a significant clarification of the extent of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 and the Acquired Rights Directive.
What does ARD stand for?
ARD stands for Acquired Rights Directive (EU; now Business Transfers Directive)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ARD
We have 227 other meanings of ARD in our Acronym Attic
- A3I Requirements Document
- Abort Region Determination
- Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- Acceptance Requirement Document
- Acción Radical Demócrata (Radical Democratic Action; political movement, Guatemala)
- Accounting Reference Date
- Acid Reflux Disease
- Acid Related Disorder
- Acid Rock Drainage (mining)
- Acoustic Research Detachment
- Acute Respiratory Disease
- Administrative Review Division (Colorado)
- Admission, Review and Dismissal (Individual Educational Planning committee)
- Advanced Reactor Division
- Advanced Research Division
- Advanced Resource Development
- Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (NASA)
- Age Related Dementia
- Agence Régionale de Développement (French: Regional Development Agency)
- Agency Resources Department
Samples in periodicals archive:
At themoment, it is not clear whether Tupe andthe Acquired Rights Directive apply to suchtransfers.
In Spijkers the ECJ stressed in 1986 that the transfer of assets and employees was only one relevant factor when deciding whether the acquired rights directive (ARD) applied--the key question was whether the entity retained its identity after a transfer.
An old pun, but one which, sadly, remains valid 20 years after the EU acquired rights directive was first brought into English law.