Leading Seaman Connolly, who is originally from Blyth, Northumberland, is working as an acoustic warfare analyst on the country's Collins class submarine fleet.
What does AW stand for?
AW stands for Acoustic Warfare
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AW
We have 43 other meanings of AW in our Acronym Attic
- Antivirus by Zaitsev (antivirus software)
- Astronomische Vereinigung Zürich (German: Astronomical Association Zurich; Switzerland)
- Audio Visuel Zoom (French: Audio Visual Zoom; Montgeron, France)
- Audio Visuelle Zeit Gestalten (German: Audio-Visual Design Time)
- Activiteiten Vereniging Zuid Limburg (Dutch: Activities Association South Limburg)
- (USN Rating) Aviation Antisubmarine Warfare Operator
- A-Wing (Star Wars fighter)
- A. A. Weinman (designer's mark on US coins)
- Above Water
- Acid Waste
Samples in periodicals archive:
to design, manufacture and test the detection, classification, localization and threat evaluation (DCL/TE) subsystem for the Submarine Acoustic Warfare Control System (SAWCS), the United Kingdom's next generation torpedo defense system.
1-inch Digital Flat Panel (DFP-181/R) displays, which will be incorporated in the company's Shipboard Display Equipment (SDE)-21 Vertical Tactical Workstations being built by ADI under license and in new underwater acoustic warfare systems being integrated by Thomson Marconi Sonar.