The Leinster skipper, 33, spoke to Ireland coach Declan Kidney over the weekend and it was decided to go ahead with the Achilles tendon operation that sidelines the second row for six to eight weeks.
What does ATO stand for?
ATO stands for Achilles Tendon Operation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATO
We have 110 other meanings of ATO in our Acronym Attic
- Agricultural Trade Negotiating Unit (Carribbean Regional Negotiating Machinery)
- All Things Nintendo Union (video game forum)
- Adjusted Tangible Net Worth
- All Things Not Weezer (online bulletin board)
- Apartment Therapy New York
- Apprentice Training New Zealand
- Abort To Orbit (Shuttle)
- Aborted Take-Off (aviation)
- Account Take Over
- Accredited Training Organisation
- Actual Time Over
- Address (Complete) Time Out (Telcordia)
- Administrative and Training Officer (Office of Emergency Preparedness)
- Administrative Time Off
- Advanced Technology Offerings (OSF)
- Advanced Technology Office (US DARPA)
- Advisory Title Officer
- Afghanistan Theater of Operations
- Afloat Training Organization
- African Timber Organisation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Biarritz prop Barcella is currently recovering from an Achilles tendon operation and is not sure to be fit for the World Cup.
CAPTION(S): END OF THE ROAD: England will have to try and regain the Ashes without Kevin Pietersen after the batsman underwent an achilles tendon operation Picture: PA
Defender Matthew Upson might not now return for the reserves at Bradford City on Wednesday following his Achilles tendon operation.
Pool will be looking for new faces ahead of next season, with Mark Tinkler set for a summer Achilles tendon operation and winger Darrell Clarke facing an uncertain future after injury.
Fredericks, who has battled his way back to world class from two Achilles tendon operations, secured the gold in 20.
He is still in plaster following his Achilles tendon operation, and the plaster will stay on for another week.
But, even if Giles does make himself available, he faces the prospect of having to satisfy England's doctors that he has recovered from an Achilles tendon operation.