SIRT1 and SIRT6), HDACs, and HATs, which require acetyl CoA from the TCA cycle; nutrient sensing through the AMPK and mTOR signaling pathways; DDR mediated by PARP, ATM, SIRT1, and AMPK; and redox signaling through overlapping pathways mediated by ATM/Chk2, p53, Hif1-[alpha], ERK, and NF[kappa]B.
What does ACAT stand for?
ACAT stands for Acetyl CoA (Coenzyme A): Acetyltransferase
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACAT
We have 94 other meanings of ACAT in our Acronym Attic
- Alberta Congenital Anomalies Surveillance System
- All Corporate Aviation Support Services
- Architect-Engineer Contract Administration Support System
- Architect-Engineer Contract Appraisal Support System (Army contracting)
- Audible Cycle Alert Safety Signal (packaging machine feature)
- Advanced CNS Architectures and System Technologies (NASA Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio)
- Advisory Committee on the Application of Science and Technology (United Nations)
- Advisory Committee on the Application of Science and Technology to Development
- Academy of Communications Arts and Technology
- Accreditation Council for Accounting and Taxation
- Acquisition Category
- Action by Christians for the Abolition of Torture (Paris, France)
- Acyl CoA (Coenzyme A): Cholesterol Acyltransferase
- Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit (Toronto, Canada)
- Aged Care Assessment Team (Australian medical term)
- Area Concentration Achievement Test
- Associazione Club Alcolisti in Trattamento (Italian: Alcoholics Treatment Association Club)
- Automated Compliance Assessment Tool
- Automated Computerized Axial Tomography
- Automated Customer Account Transfer
Samples in periodicals archive:
In cells with mitochondria that contain enzymes capable of transforming acetate to acetyl CoA, such as heart, skeletal muscle, and brain, the acetate is eventually metabolized to C[O.
Acetyl CoA is a metabolite shared in common by the metabolism of glucose, fatty acids and some amino acids.
HMG CoA reductase regulates the synthesis of steroids from acetyl CoA and is a rate limiting step in the synthesis of cholesterol (15) when substrate is available there should be an increase in the activity of enzyme.
The recent observation showing acetylation of proteins by calreticulin (an endoplasmic reticulum resident protein) with a high efficiency when polyphenolic acetates are the acetyl group donating molecules and acetyl CoA as weak substrate extends the realm of protein acetylation beyond HAT/HDAC combination.
These include acetyl CoA carboxylase, the rate limiting enzyme that initiates fatty acid synthesis.
One possible hint is that the statins block an early step in the enzymatic pathway that eventually turns acetyl CoA into cholesterol, while the nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates--alendronate and risedronate--block a step that occurs later in this pathway.
that show that the company has identified a series of novel, highly potent, and highly selective Acetyl CoA Carboxylase (ACC)1/2 allosteric inhibitors.