Under the programme, Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) were supplied contraceptives for free.
What does ASHA stand for?
ASHA stands for Accredited Social Health Activist (India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ASHA
We have 51 other meanings of ASHA in our Acronym Attic
- Assistant Secretary for Health
- Asymmetric Septal Hypertrophy
- Atascadero State Hospital
- Austin State Hospital
- Australian Society of Herpetologists
- Australian Society of Hypnosis
- Australian Stationary Hospital
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician Hydraulics and Structure (US Navy)
- American Society of Hematology Self-Assessment Program
- Achaete-Scute Homologue-1
- Action for Securing Health for All
- Advanced Station Housing Allowance
- Alaska State Housing Authority
- American Saddlebred Horse Association, Inc.
- American School Health Association
- American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (USAID)
- American Seniors Housing Association
- American Shire Horse Association
- American Show Horse Association
- American Social Health Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The panel members said several accredited social health activists ( ASHAs) were now working for ultrasound clinics and doctors.
Shri Ramesh said, the services of about eight and a half lakh Accredited Social Health Activists, ASHA workers and 13 lakh Aganwadi sevikas will be taken for spreading the message of sanitation in rural areas.
33 lakh accredited social health activists (ASHAs), employment of 1572 specialists, 8284 MBBS doctors, 26,734 staff nurses, 53,552 auxiliary nurse midwives (ANMs), 18,272 Paramedics on contract basis and a total of 16,338 Additional Primary Health Centres (APHCs), Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres(CHCs), and other Sub District facilities made functional on 24 x 7 basis.
There is one Accredited Social Health Activist for every 1,000 villagers, who interface between the community and the public health system.
Byline: ANI Summary: In an effort to make health for all possible in Sitto village in Punjab, the government is implementing the Accredited Social Health Activist or ASHA Scheme in the village.
Byline: ANI Sitto Village (Punjab), Mar 20 (ANI): In an effort to make 'health for all' possible in Sitto village in Punjab, the Government is implementing the Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) scheme under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).