The Air Accident Investigation Unit is waiting for Spanish and European authorities to study their findings.
What does AIU stand for?
AIU stands for Accident Investigation Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AIU
We have 35 other meanings of AIU in our Acronym Attic
- Association Internationale du Théâtre à l'Université
- Association of Independent Technological Universities (engineering colleges)
- All India Trade Union Congress
- Abolition of Income Tax and Usury Party (South Africa)
- All India Tafsili United Party (political party)
- Association of Institutions for Tropical Veterinary Medicine (The Netherlands)
- All India Transporters Welfare Association (New Delhi, India)
- And I Think You Do
- Absolute Iodine Uptake (thyroid)
- Access Interface Unit
- Account Intelligence Unit (Citibank)
- Administración Imprevistos y Utilidad (Spanish)
- Adult Inpatient Unit (various locations)
- Advanced Interface Unit
- AFSPC IDHS Upgrade
- AFTAC Interface Unit
- Agricultor-Importador-Usuario (Spanish: Agriculture Import Use; Peru)
- Airborne Instrumentation Unit
- Aircraft Interface Unit
- Akita International University (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I WOULD like someone from the Police Accident Investigation Unit to explain to me why it takes so long to complete their site investigations following road accidents resulting in roads been closed to traffic for several hours.
He said that motorway police has recently established its own accident investigation unit to prevent accidents.
The pilots had tried to land on two different runways without success but the plane crashed next to a taxiway, head of Ireland's air accident investigation unit, said officials were "aware the aircraft was making an approach.
A Hampshire Police spokesman said: "The Marine Accident Investigation Unit is currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 14-year-old boy which occurred in the Solent on Sunday May 2.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Inspector Lee Morris at Durham Constabulary's accident investigation unit on 0345 606-0365.
Paramedics and gardai were airlifted to the scene and Ireland's Air Accident Investigation Unit has begun an investigation.
The Civil Aviation Authority's accident investigation unit was at the crash site yesterday.