28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL), a non-profit organization dedicated to turning around Chicago's chronically-failing schools, today announced that it has selected SCC|Grossman as its public relations agency of record.
What does AUSL stand for?
AUSL stands for Academy for Urban School Leadership (Chicago, IL)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AUSL
We have 1 other meaning of AUSL in our Acronym Attic
- Australasian Symposium on Grid Computing and E-Research
- Aetna US Healthcare
- Australian Institute for High Energy Physics
- American Union Securities, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Anatomical Urinary Stress Incontinence (gynecology)
- Associated Underwater Scuba Instructors (aka Australian Underwater Scuba Instructors Pty. Ltd.)
- Autonomous Undersea Systems Institute
- Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators
- All United States Kendo Federation
- Asia-US Service-Learning
- Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale (Italian: Hospital)
- Australian Sign Language
- Australian Surveying Land and Information Group
- Administrative Unit, Student Learning Outcome (Foothill College; Los Altos Hills, CA)
- All University Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee (Syracuse University; New York)
- Access Unit Start Map
- Advanced Utility Simulation Model (environment)
- Advection Upstream Splitting Method
- Are You Serious Man?
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Boston Teacher Residency, the Boettcher Teacher Program in Denver, and the Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) in Chicago are trailblazers for teacher residency programs.
Using a very specific turnaround model, my organization, the Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL), has had success in transforming some of Chicago's poorest-performing schools.
3 million to the Chicago Public Schools' Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) (see Innovator, May 23, 2005), which manages the district's "turnaround" schools as well as a teaching academy geared to the specific needs of the city's schools and teachers.
The board also handles its purchasing and other financial transactions, but it is governed by the Academy for Urban School Leadership under contract with the board.
The school is operated under the Academy for Urban School Leadership.
This has included making the first investments nearly a decade ago in programs that have now become mainstays in Chicago education: Teach for America, New Leaders for New Schools, The New Teacher Project, Academy for Urban School Leadership teacher residency program, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and the University of Illinois at Chicago's nationally-acclaimed principal preparation program.
Vitale has been Chief Administrative Officer at the Chicago Public Schools; chairs the Academy for Urban School Leadership which focuses on turning around failing public schools; chairs and co-founded the Partnership for New Communities whose mission is to strengthen neighborhoods formerly dominated by public housing; and serves on the boards of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation, the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, the Glenwood School for Boys as well as other civic, arts, and educational institutions.