Having a single source for CMS is a logical development, says Michael Roy, director of academic computing services at Wesleyan University (CT), who adds that Wesleyan once used two CMS systems but eventually settled on one provider.
What does ACS stand for?
ACS stands for Academic Computing Services
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACS
We have 1344 other meanings of ACS in our Acronym Attic
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission (Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada)
- Adams County Regional Water District (est. 1969; West Union, OH)
- Accounting Class Data Registration Extension
- Association de la Construction Richelieu-Yamaska (French: Richelieu-Yamaska Construction Association; Canada)
- AARTS Controller Subsystem
- Abbotsford Community Services (British Columbia)
- Abdominal Compartment Syndrome
- Aboriginal Children's Survey (Canada)
- Above Core Structures
- Absolute Consistent System
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the early days of remote access, librarians often turned to academic computing services to answer the technical questions posed by patrons.
Ken Hopper, a staff member with Academic Computing Services at the University of Chicago, adds, "Over the past two years our group has been evaluating various videoconferencing applications, including high-performance ATM network-based products, Internet-based MBONE solutions, and narrow bandwidth technologies such as CineVideo/Direct.
Such instruction may be available through academic computing services or through departmental programs.
Scott Menter, Director of Infrastructure Services for Network and Academic Computing Services at UCI.
Scott Menter, Director of Infrastructure Services for Network and Academic Computing Services at the University.
At the University of California, Irvine, which is consistently ranked by US News and World Report as one of the nation's best public universities, Stephen Franklin is the Assistant Director for Academic Outreach, Network and Academic Computing Services -- and he agrees.
Les Michelson, director of academic computing services for UMDNJ.