In this patient's electrocardiogram the sinus-initiated P waves and the junction-initiated QRSs occur virtually simultaneously, and each occurs in the absolute refractory period of the other so that there are no atrial or ventricular captures.
What does ARP stand for?
ARP stands for Absolute Refractory Period
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARP
We have 354 other meanings of ARP in our Acronym Attic
- Acquisition Reportback Orderwire
- Action Research on the Web (est. 1995)
- Agricultural Research Organizations on the Web
- Airworthiness Certificate, Registration, Operators Handbook, & Weight & Balance Chart
- American Recorder Orchestra of the West (California)
- Associated Recyclers of Wisconsin (Stevens, WI)
- Anticipated Rate of Weight Loss
- Air Force Reserve Order Writing System
- Air Reserve Orders Writing System (US DoD)
- American-Romanian Orthodox Youth
- Absolute Return Pool (The Investment Fund for Foundations)
- Absorption Refrigeration Plant
- Academic Resource Person
- Accelerated Reader Program (education)
- Accelerated Requalification Program
- Accidental Release Prevention
- Accidental Release Program
- Accidental Risk Prevention (California Goveror's Office of Emergency Services)
- Account Reconciliation Plan
- Accountable Representation for the People (Australian Reform Party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Unlike with pacemaker signals, which are delivered during a period of the cardiac cycle when a new beat can be initiated, the CCM signals are "non-excitatory," meaning they are delivered during the absolute refractory period and therefore cannot initiate a new contraction.
Based on a new method known as Cardiac Contractility Modulation (CCM), the OPTIMIZER(TM) delivers non-excitatory impulses to the heart during a period of time called the absolute refractory period (ARP).