We cannot simply dismiss absenteeism with the catch-phrase "no work, no pay"--the "savings" of not paying someone who is absent without permission are massively outweighed by the costs of their absence including lower productivity, poor customer service, wasted management time, inconvenienced co-workers and lower morale.
What does AWOP stand for?
AWOP stands for Absent without Permission
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AWOP
We have 1 other meaning of AWOP in our Acronym Attic
- At Work Oldies Listener
- Australian Way of Life
- AutoWeek OnLine
- Away Without Leave
- Away Without Official Leave
- Active Women of Nepal
- American World War II Orphans Network
- A World of Pain (gaming)
- A World of Poker (TV show)
- Absent Without Pay
- Adult Work Offender Program (various locations)
- Affirmed Without Opinion
- African Widows and Orphans Project (Africa)
- Aircraft Waiting Operational Parts
- All Weather Operations Panel (ICAO)
- Another Way of Paying
- Area Wide Optimization Program
- Automated Weaponeering Optimization Program (used with Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual for probability of damage calculations)
- Average Weight of Purchase (marketing)
- Agoraphobia without History of Panic Disorder
Samples in periodicals archive:
CAPTION(S): * More children are absent without permission * London may be considering new penalties for parents of truants, but it may simply be creating a new set of problems
The sources said BAS, which handles about 48,000 flights and nine million passengers a year, terminated the contracts after workers were found to be absent without permission and a valid reason.
Head teacher Tony Wilmot said: "Each morning we give police the details of all students absent without permission.
The union is seeking the reinstatement of two security workers who were dismissed for allegedly being absent without permission and for falsifying records.
Girls had a higher rate of overall absenteeism while boys were more often absent without permission.
In a 23-page investigation of the 204-bed Foothill and 208-bed Sylmar health and rehabilitation centers, the county found patients had gone absent without permission 39 times last year, including two who were identified as having a potential for violence and one who was arrested for battery.
But in their court papers they say they work an average 85 hours and can be sacked without notice for being absent without permission or for closing the pubs during opening hours without a good reason.