They hit back at suggestions on Kent Police's page that Josh had gone Awol - or absent without official leave.
What does AWOL stand for?
AWOL stands for Absent Without Official Leave
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AWOL
We have 21 other meanings of AWOL in our Acronym Attic
- Automated Wreck and Obstruction Information System (NOAA)
- Association of Women's Organizations in Jamaica
- A Week of Kindness (sketch comedy group)
- A Way of Life
- A Work of Love (various organizations)
- A World of Learning (educational program; various locations)
- Absence Without Official Leave
- Absent While On Line :-)
- Absent Without Authorized Leave
- Absent Without Leave
Samples in periodicals archive:
London, Nov 9(ANI): Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has gone absent without official leave after defying the club's instructions to return from Argentina.
It turns out Bush was apparently absent without official leave from his assigned military service for as little as seven months, according to The New York Times, or as much as 17 months, according to The Boston Globe, during a time when 500,000 American troops were fighting the Vietnam War.