A draft bill to replace the Aboriginal Lands Trust Act 1966 will be the subject of a series of public meetings in communities across South Australia to begin in February 2013.
What does ALT stand for?
ALT stands for Aboriginal Lands Trust (Department of Indigenous Affairs)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ALT
We have 188 other meanings of ALT in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Light Strike Vehicle (Chenowth)
- Air-Launched Sortie Vehicle (Boeing)
- Anodic Linear-Sweep Voltammetry (chemistry)
- Avian Leukosis/Sarcoma Virus
- Accessory Left Superior Vena Cava
- All Service Activities
- Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia
- Australian Longitudinal Study on Women's Health
- Arkansas Legal Services Workers Union
- Ada Language Systems (company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Abstract: The Aboriginal Lands Trust of New South Wales (1974-1983) was the first all-Aboriginal democratically elected statutory body to own freehold title to Aboriginal land in Australia.
The option that emerged as government policy, at least in Commonwealth policy, by 1973, included land rights -- that is, transferring title over reserves to Aboriginal Lands Trusts, and setting up a process by which vacant Crown Land could be claimed by Aborigines who could prove their customary ownership over it.