1) More specifically, it has been documented that firms reporting large positive earnings changes experience positive abnormal returns over the six months after the earnings announcement, whereas those that report large negative earnings changes experience negative abnormal returns.
What does AR stand for?
AR stands for Abnormal Returns
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AR
We have 156 other meanings of AR in our Acronym Attic
- Application Quality Workbench (trademark of Compuware Corporation; Compuware Application Reliability Solution)
- Aquarium of Western Australia
- Asian Quality Water Association
- All Quiet on the Western Front (1930 film)
- Air Quality Working Group
- Atomic Questions Working Group (EU)
- Air Quality and Waste Management Association
- Actual Quantity Work Performed
- Abandon Rate
- Abbey Road (Beatles album/song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Standardized cumulative abnormal returns can then be aggregated using the individually standardized abnormal returns for each firm [SCAR.
Subramani and Walden (2001) analyze the impact of e-commerce initiative announcements and find significant positive cumulative abnormal returns to investors.
The existence of positive abnormal returns surrounded to split announcements is consistent with the signaling hypothesis.
INTRODUCTION A large body of empirical evidence demonstrates that the issuance of new CB's is associated with negative abnormal returns of the underlying shares (1).
THE EVENT STUDY We will use an event study to estimate abnormal returns to the value of a firm's stock attributed to the event considered.
Using data on 109 Indian acquisitions that belong to 59 Indian business groups with 1,345 affiliate firms during 1997-2007 we find evidence of positive spill over of abnormal returns to other group affiliated firms from the announcement decision of one of the group firms.
ABSTRACT We study the relationship between various loan characteristics and abnormal returns to client firms subsequent to commercial bank loans.