A-bomb survivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki expressed anger at the United States.
What does ABS stand for?
ABS stands for A-Bomb Survivor (population group)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABS
We have 647 other meanings of ABS in our Acronym Attic
- Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team (Annapolis, MD)
- Architecture-Based Regression Testing
- Auto Body Repair Technology
- Automatic Bug Reporting Tool (Fedora Project)
- Advanced Ballistic Reentry Vehicle
- Abbreviations (text messaging)
- Adoptive Breastfeeding Resource Website
- Alachua/Bradford Regional Workforce Development Board (Florida)
- Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health
- A Better Solution (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Gavin & Stacey funnyman was among panellists on the programme who joked about A-bomb survivor Tsutomo Yamaguchi before Christmas.
I am outraged by your trampling on the expectations and hopes of the A-bomb survivors and the vast majority of the Earth's inhabitants," Hiroshima mayor Tadatoshi Akiba took office in January 2009.
Use of A-Bomb Survivor Studies as a Basis for Nuclear Worker Compensation [Letter].
Japanese Ambassador to the UK His Excellency Masaki Orita (left) launches an international peace event in Coventry yesterday with Nagasaki A-Bomb survivor Yoshiro Yamawaki, as a young boy prays.
As of the end of March, 285,620 people possessed A-bomb survivor booklets -- a certificate formally recognizing their exposure to radiation after the bombings -- according to Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry statistics.
The residents to be covered will include 5,000 A-bomb survivors in the city.
5 Kyodo The early conclusion of a trial in which a South Korean atomic bomb survivor is demanding application of the Atomic Bomb Victims Relief Law to A-bomb survivors abroad prompted criticism Tuesday at the Osaka High Court.