Kalb, 1989, Accuracy of the AVHRR Vegetation Index as a Predictor of Biomass, Primary Productivity and Net CO2 Fux, Vegetatio, 80:71-89.
What does APOLLO stand for?
APOLLO stands for AVHRR (Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer) Processing Scheme over Land, Cloud and Ocean (climate software)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of APOLLO
We have 3 other meanings of APOLLO in our Acronym Attic
- Alternate Person on Line
- America Praying On-Line
- Area of Periosteocytic Lacunae
- Arpeni Pratama Ocean Line (Indonesia)
- Asia Pacific Online
- Association of Professional Orchestra Leaders (Chicago, IL)
- Australian Professional Ocean Lifeguard Association
- Any Piece of Laboratory Equipment (website)
- America's Program for Orbital and Lunar Landing Operations
- Apache Point Observatory Lunar Laser-ranging Operation (NASA)
- Asociación por el Poder Local (Association for Local Power, Guatemala)
- Association for the Preservation of Ontario Land Registry Office Documents (Canada)
- Auxiliary Partial Orthotopic Liver Transplantation
- Amended Program Objective Memorandum
- Anterior to Posterior Open Mouth (orthopedics)
- Asociación Panameña de Oficiales de Marina (Spanish: Panamanian Association of Marine Officers)
- Association of Professional Office Managers
- Associazione Produttori Olivicoli Messinesi (Italian manufacturers' association)
- American Precision Optics Manufacturers Association
- Andamooka Progress & Opal Miners Association (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The AVHRR of the NOAA and the European Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) are used to estimate the land surface temperature (LST), atmospheric moisture, cold cloud duration (CCD) data for the measurement of temperature, atmospheric moisture and rainfall surfaces.
Towards an operational MODIS continuous field of percent tree cover algorithm: examples using AVHRR and MODIS data.
Mesoscale oceanic response to wind events off central California in spring 1989: CTD surveys and AVHRR imagery.
AVHRR NDVI was statistically regressed with the corresponding paddy area ratio from OPS pixels for corresponding AVHRR pixel.
Figure 3 shows the NOAA-14 AVHRR HRPT multispectral false color image 2018Z of the storm structure [Pasch et.
Topographic effects in AVHRR NDVI data, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol.
Tarnavsky E, Garrigues S, Brown ME (2008) Multiscale geostatistical analysis of AVHRR, SPOT-VGT, and MODIS global NDVI products.