Gemba also said Japan intends to contribute to realizing a Free Trade Area of the Asia-Pacific by taking ''various approaches,'' while noting Tokyo's commitment to other regional undertakings such as the ASEAN plus three and the ASEAN plus six frameworks, according to the official.
What does APT stand for?
APT stands for ASEAN Plus Three
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of APT
We have 432 other meanings of APT in our Acronym Attic
- Application Productivity Tool
- Applied Potential Tomography
- Aquaculture Production Technology, Ltd (Israel)
- Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory
- Arranged Passenger Transport
- Artist Pension Trust
- Asia Pacific Transport Pty Ltd (Australian rail-building consortium)
- Asia-Pacific Telecommunity
- Aspirin Provocation Test
- Asset Protection Trust
- Associated Pharmacists and Toxicologists
- Association for Political Theory (est. 2000)
- Association for Preservation Technology
- Association for Public Transportation, Inc
- Association for the Prevention of Torture
- Association of Pensioneer Trustees
Samples in periodicals archive:
We welcomed the efforts to create the ASEAN Plus Three Emergency Rice Reserve (APTERR) as a permanent mechanism to ensure food security in the region,'' it says.
He was referring to the ASEAN Plus Three mechanism that would see China, Japan and South Korea cooperating with the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
ASEAN Plus Three covers an array of issues, including currency swap agreements, and China, Japan and South Korea are also separately involved in plans for free trade agreements or similar deals with the group.
` He said the leaders had also agreed to hold the so-called ASEAN plus three summit from April 10-12.
Participants agreed to pursue a policy, which had been pushed by China, to promote and East Asian Community, which brings together ASEAN, Japan, China and South Korea -- the so-called ASEAN plus three -- while Japan had wanted to also include India and Australia.
The ASEAN plus three groups Japan, China, South Korea and the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations, while the ASEAN plus six adds Australia, India, and New Zealand to the 13 countries.
I should make the point that the ASEAN plus Three finance ministers do not see this in any way being a substitute for the IMF," he added.