On the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) between Asean and six of its dialogue partners to be launched on Tuesday, Mustapa described it as a milestone for the grouping which started trade liberalisation on a smaller scale with the Asean Free Trade Area.
What does AFTA stand for?
AFTA stands for ASEAN Free Trade Area
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AFTA
We have 69 other meanings of AFTA in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Federal Technology Transfer Executives
- Acoustic Fatigue Test Article
- Advanced First Term Avionics
- Aft Frame Tilt Actuator (NASA)
- Air Force Training Academy (gaming)
- Alberta Forest Technologists Association (Canada)
- American Family Therapy Association
- Americans for the Arts
- Apatite Fission Track Analysis (Geotrack International Pty. Ltd.)
- Arts for the Aging, Inc.
- ASEAN Free Trade Association (less common)
- Associate of the Federation of Tax Advisers (UK)
- Association for Temperate Agroforestry
- Australian Federation of Travel Agents
- Avionics Fault Tree Analyzer
- American Foottether Association of America
- Arab Federation of Travel Agent Associations (Amman, Jordan)
- Advanced Fast-Time Acoustic Analysis System
- Advanced Firearms Training Academy
- Air Force Technical Applications Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The entry is another important step for Laos, which has been an active member of ASEAN and the ASEAN Free Trade Area, and will become a member of the ASEAN Economic Community on its launch in 2015.
In order to boost intra-ASEAN trade, the ASEAN Free Trade Area Council will study the necessary steps to be taken by simplifying the rules of origin, increase cooperation in customs practices, and improve trade facilities, she said.
Narrated by an alien named Blue, who actually appears to be purple, the cartoon is designed to explain economic cooperation under the ASEAN Free Trade Area to young readers.
The ASEAN Free Trade Area allows British firms low-duty access to the regional market.
Regardless of ASEAN's motive, some analysts wonder how ASEAN is going to proceed with the project when it has yet to finalize its intra-regional tariff regime under the ASEAN Free Trade Area initiative.
1 last year, but it reneged, causing ASEAN economic ministers to agree to a deferment under a protocol to the Common Effective Preferential Tariff (CEPT) scheme for the ASEAN Free Trade Area.
Tan Sri Dato' Dr Lau Ban Tin, director of BIG Industries Bhd, told Malaysian businesses to react to the slowdown and to the future challenges of globalisation, the advent of the ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) and the World Trade Organisation (WTO).