The first clinical study which combined stem cell therapy with Benitec's ddRNAi technology was in a trial of AIDS-related lymphoma patients and showed the safety and feasibility of the approach.
What does ARL stand for?
ARL stands for AIDS-Related Lymphoma
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARL
We have 179 other meanings of ARL in our Acronym Attic
- Admiralty Research Laboratory (UK)
- ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate) Ribosylation Factor-Like
- Advanced Reference Library (Bible study; software)
- Aerial Reconnaissance Low
- Aeronautical Research Laboratory (Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio)
- Aerospace Robotics Laboratory (Stanford University)
- Africo Resources Ltd. (various locations)
- Agence Régionale du Livre (French: Regional Agency of Books)
- Agricultural Research Laboratory
- Agricultural Research Labs
Samples in periodicals archive:
The incidence of systemic AIDS-related lymphomas appears to be more modestly affected by HAART (12-14).
These tumours are extremely rare in the HIV-negative population but have been reported to make up as much as 20% of AIDS-related lymphomas.
23,25,32) The AIDS-related lymphomas can look like rings or targets on CT and MR images, and are likely caused by internal necrosis (Figures 5D, E, and F).
DIED: Stephen Bates, 50, an openly gay composer and musical director, of AIDS-related lymphoma, in Chicago, November 5.
HAART also appears to have reduced hepatic involvement in AIDS-related lymphoma, said Dr.
15) Regardless, unlike for KS, there has not been a dramatic decrease in the number of cases of AIDS-related lymphoma following the introduction of HAART.
The type of AIDS-related lymphoma most common today responds much more readily to treatment than lymphoma from the pre-HAART era," said Wyndham Wilson, M.