In General Orders dated March 1, 1794, Donnison wrote to the state's militia officers the following: A well regulated Militia, composed of the great body of the Citizens, is always the chief dependence of a free people for their defence.
What does AWRM stand for?
AWRM stands for A Well Regulated Militia (Unorganized Militia online resource)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of AWRM in our Acronym Attic
- Acid Waters Review Group (UK)
- Animal Welfare Research Group (UK)
- All-Weather Rescue Helicopter (Germany)
- Association of World Reindeer Herders (Norway)
- Additional War Risk Insurance (shipping)
- Annis Water Resources Institute (Muskegon, MI)
- Australian Wine Research Institute
- Arab War Risks Insurance Syndicate (est. 1980)
- Australian Water Resources Information System
- Acknowledgement, Waiver and Release from Liability
- Africa Water Resources Management Initiative (World Bank)
- Ancient World of Ragnarok Online (video game)
- Arab World Regional Office (International Planned Parenthood Federation)
- Active Waste Retrieval Programme (UK)
- Additional War Risk Premium
- Ageing Well Research Project (Australia)
- Alaska Wild River Productions
- Alaska Women's Recovery Project (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Another Warrior Roleplay
- Army Watercraft Restructuring Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
That year, the court reinstated the prosecution of two men for carrying sawed-off shotguns across state lines, saying there was no evidence that such weapons had a ''reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.