Byline: AMY McLEAN A Streetcar Named Desire, Nice Swan Theatre Company, People's Theatre, Newcastle CONSIDERED one of the greatest plays of the mid-20th century, Tennessee Williams's A Streetcar named Desire tells the story of Blanche DuBois, who visits her sister Stella after facing a bit of trouble back home in Mississippi.
What does ASND stand for?
ASND stands for A Streetcar Named Desire (play)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ASND
We have 2 other meanings of ASND in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Satellite with New System Architecture for Observation (Japan)
- Associated Students of Northern Arizona University
- Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad (Malay: National Trust Limited; est. 1979)
- Autism Society of New Brunswick (Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Anthroposophical Society in North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council (Los Angeles, CA)
- ATM Switching Network Controller (Siemens/Stromberg-Carlson)
- Autism Society of North Carolina
- Department of Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic (University of Cambridge; UK)
- Acrobat Solutions Network Developer (software)
- Another Scientific Needle Drop (radio show)
- Autorité de Sûreté Nucléaire de Défense (French: Nuclear Defense Safety Authority)
- American Society for Non-Destructive Testing
- Aging Services Network of Euclid (Euclid, OH)
- Air and Space Natural Environment
- American Society of Naval Engineers
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- Association Sport Nature Education (France)
- Authorized Services of New England (Marlborough, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is coming to Newcastle to watch A Streetcar Named Desire and it will be great to have him there for that.
Liverpool boasts a pair of A Streetcar Named Desire productions this week.
He won the 1951 Best Supporting Actor award for A Streetcar Named Desire and got a lifetime achievement gong in 2003.
A Streetcar Named Desire Tennessee Williams Caedmon c/o Harper Audio 10 East 53rd Street, New York, NY 10022-5299 9780061714658, $17.
The great thing about the movie of Tennessee Williams's A Streetcar Named Desire , now back on the big screen, is that it's directed by Elia Kazan (the only occasion he filmed a play he'd directed on stage) and features three members of the original Broadway cast, Marlon Brando, Kim Hunter, Karl Malden, all magnificent.
DVD Tennessee Williams Film Collection May 2 (Warner Home Video) This tribute to the incomparable American gay playwright features a whopping eight discs, including a new double-disc edition of A Streetcar Named Desire.
None of these "improvisatory impersonations" use blackface performance; instead, like Marlon Brando's characterization of Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire, they mimic the gestures and idiosyncrasies of famous black performers and musicians--Miles Davis, for instance.