In comparison to a shortstop's glove, which is smaller with less webbing for the ball to get caught in, a first baseman's mitt is like the head of a shovel to give its wearer a better chance of digging out short-hop throws from other infielders.
What does ABC stand for?
ABC stands for A Better Chance (organization)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABC
We have 1612 other meanings of ABC in our Acronym Attic
- Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapy (psychology)
- African Bush Bird Tours
- Association du Berger Blanc de Travail (French dog association)
- Association of British Theatre Technicians (UK)
- Atari Bit Byter User Club
- American Black Book Writers Association
- Adirondack Boat Building and Water Skills School
- American Booksellers Book of the Year
- A Balanced Curriculum
- A Benihana Christmas (TV show)
- A Bittorrent Client (computing)
- A Business Community
- Aanvullend Beschermingscertificaat voor Geneesmiddelen (Dutch: supplementary protection certificate for medicinal products)
- Abacavir (aka Ziagen; GlaxoSmithKline)
- Abbott Bioresearch Center (Massachusetts)
- Abbreviated Blood Count
- ABC Conjecture (problem in pure mathematics)
- Aberdeen Boat Club (Hong Kong)
- Abilene Community Band (Abilene, TX)
- Aboriginal Business Canada (Canadian government)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I liked the place," she commented, "and everyone said I'd have a better chance if I went ED, so I figured I'd get it over with.
Lastly, A's probation officer was stated to have held the belief that A would have a better chance of reducing the period of house arrest and probation if the taxpayers sold H2 and moved to another neighborhood.