The world produces and uses about 1 quadrillion - 1,000,000,000,000,000, or 10 to the 15th power - Btu a week.
What does PETA- stand for?
PETA- stands for 10 to The 15th Power
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 24 other meanings of PETA- in our Acronym Attic
- Pentaerythritol Triacrylate (chemistry)
- People Eating Tasty Animals (parody web site)
- People Euthanizing Trusting Animals
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Petrographical Analysis Report (energy exploration)
- Please Explain This Acronym
- Polling Every Time Approach
- Power-Efficient Target Array (computer algorithm)
- Primary Elementary Teachers' Association
- Primary English Teaching Association (Australia)
- Postsecondary Education Technology Advisory Committee (Frankfort, KY)
- Pre-Engineering Technology Advisory Council
- Professional Education Training and Accreditation Committee (US Army)
- Pentaerythritol Allyl Ether
- One Quadrillion Floating Point Operations Per Second
- Personal Eportfolios for Teaching and Learning (UK)
- Point, Evidence, Technique, Analysis, Link (writing)
- Preliminary Eurocontrol Test of Air/Ground Data Link
- Program to Enhance Teaching and Learning (St. John Fisher College; Rochester, NY)
- Pan-European Television Audience Research
Samples in periodicals archive:
Over the past five years IBM and Sony have concurrently engaged in bringing the new class computing cascade into commercial life within about the same 2005-2006 period; at the high end is IBM's world performance shattering super-computing system, the P-machine (for Petaflop, 10 to the 15th power floating point operations per second), and at the low end is Sony's super-entertainment system (PlayStation 3-class gaming console and related systems).
Second, the level-six Reed-Solomon error correction code (RS ECC) is used to deliver a hard error rate of less than one in 10 to the 15th power.